Know a place?

We're genetically programmed to avoid places with bad water. So I dig up the dirt on the best and worst coffee around Cape Town and South Africa.
Been somewhere good? Got a new menu? Find DR on Facebook, leave a comment, and I'll don my hat and investigate.
Darkly Roasted on Facebook

Sort by Quality:

_★ (48) _★★ (44) _★★★ (42) _★★★★ (29) _★★★★★ (12) _☢ (35)

2015/06/16

Honest Chocolate Wale Street Cape Town

Americano
Bit of a dirty brew that hides few secrets in the tiny cup. No hint of chocolate or sweetness to lie on the tongue. Two sips and the secret of what is at the bottom of the thimble is revealed.

People being interrupted and shuffled around tables to make way for other guests. Water dripping down the walls when it rains.

Food was an awful, if I'm honest, combination of inexpertly made stale nachos (more like vegan coasters) curry powder and salt with a dab of chocolate mousse. We both gave up after two bites.
I think I prefer scoundrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment