Know a place?

We're genetically programmed to avoid places with bad water. So I dig up the dirt on the best and worst coffee around Cape Town and South Africa.
Been somewhere good? Got a new menu? Find DR on Facebook, leave a comment, and I'll don my hat and investigate.
Darkly Roasted on Facebook

Sort by Quality:

_★ (48) _★★ (44) _★★★ (42) _★★★★ (29) _★★★★★ (12) _☢ (35)

2022/04/09

Shawarma Express, Table View


Neighhhh my brew. I am 100% certain they sliced up the saddle in this shawarma because it's definitely not beef. I will put money on it - 10 to 1 odds at Gosforth. Marketing hot tip: rename it Pony Express to stay on-brand. I might be wrong here, it might be camel, I'd have to order the double hump burger to be certain. Whatever mystery meat it is, it's incredibly dry, tastes weird, and is much too red for its age. You do get lots of geriatric brinjal and flaccid onion to make it interesting.

My shawarma was so old I had to shoot it.

When you walk in you are told to keep away from the counter (okay this is two years into the pandemic, but still, it's weird) and someone will take your standing order while you calculate the odds.

Trendies like to sit outside at the trough, but only because they enjoy saying "Shawarma bru" while their befuddled trophy wives model their Met Gala outfits. What are the odds?

Coffee is most likely Ivermectin.

No comments:

Post a Comment